WELCOME TO WOODLAWN ARTS ACADEMY
Where the Arts are for Everyone!
To provide quality artistic opportunities to the Sauk Valley Community.
To be the recognized leader in art opportunities by becoming entwined in the fabric of the community through helping people develop, promote, and share their artistic talents.
- Allow our customers to define quality in our services and programs
- Remain a self-sustaining, financially sound entity
- The premier resource for artistic opportunities
- Speak of the arts and think Woodlawn
What We Offer
Woodlawn Arts Academy is the premiere arts academy in the Sauk Valley area. We offer daytime and evening instruction to all ages in all disciplines of the arts, including Visual Arts, Music, Dance, Theatre, Domestic Arts, Culinary Arts, Healing Arts and Literary Arts. The Academy is proud to be supported as an agency of the United Way of Whiteside County.Is there another art that interests you? Contact our Program Coordinator and put in your request. We will do our best to accommodate you!
Artist CollectiveAre you an artist, musician, dancer, actor, chef or any other kind of artist looking for work and/or networking? Be a part of the Academy's new Artist Collective! Click the logo below for details.
Woodlawn Arts Academy
3807 Woodlawn Road
Sterling, IL 61081
Fax: (815) 626-2491
Executive Director Christy Zepezauer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Coordinator Becky Rich: email@example.com
For rental information, Office Manager Dale Boston: firstname.lastname@example.org
For general inquiries: email@example.com
Closed Saturdays & Sundays
2015-16 Registration Now Open
Registration is now open for the 2015-16 school year. Register by phone at (815) 626-4278 or by stopping in the main office during regular business hours, or register online. A one-time $35 per family registration fee is due along with first-session registration for dance. The fee includes two recital tickets and one recital DVD. Registration for dance, yoga and private lessons is not available online. Most programs begin September 8th.
New Payment Plans
Students registering for school-year programs can pay in monthly installments or for the full school year.
- MONTHLY OPTION: Register for all classes for the full school year and have your payment automatically withdrawn from your account monthly. Customers will be able to choose the date that the money is removed from their account monthly, beginning in August and ending in April. Money for the class tuition for all 4 sessions (as well as the $40 costume deposit for dance classes) will be included in the monthly payment plan. Registration fees, apparel, books and supplies must be paid in full at the time of purchase. Dance costume balances also will be charged separately in December or January. A checking or savings account, or debit or credit card, may be used for this option. When using a checking or savings account, please be prepared to provide your bank’s routing number as well as your account number.
- SCHOOL-YEAR OPTION: Register for all classes for the full school year and make full payment at the start of the school year. When using this option, a 5% discount on your year-long tuition bill will be given (4 school-year sessions). Dance costume fees, registration fees, apparel, books and supplies are not included in the discount and must be paid in full at the time of purchase. Check, cash or debit/credit cards are accepted.
- SESSION OPTION: Students may continue registering prior to each 8-week session as they have done in the past. Registration fees and tuition for the first session are due at the time of registration.
To register using the monthly or year-long payment plans, please call (815) 626-4278 or stop in the main office during regular business hours. Payment plans are not available online.
How To Apply
Woodlawn Arts Academy is committed to serving all members of the community. Financial assistance is available for those who qualify. Applying is simple! Fill out an application and return it, along with the required paperwork, to the Academy office. Be sure to apply early to ensure funding is in place before the start of the session. You'll never know if you qualify if you don't apply! Financial assistance is offered thanks to United Way and other generous sponsors through contributions to Woodlawn Arts Academy.