> Home Page > Special Events > Theatre Performances
Each year, Woodlawn Arts Academy presents three productions featuring local children in elementary and junior high. In 2012, we added Shakespeare in the Park, in conjunction with Sauk Valley Community College, a production that features the talents of area adults. We also work closely with Sterling High School's Centennial Auditorium.
Upcoming Production: "Seussical Jr."
A production by local 6th-8th graders. Tickets are $5 each and go on sale March 31.
Upcoming Production: Shakespeare in the Park's "Much Ado About Nothing"
June 19-21 and June 26-28
Adult Actors & Singers Needed!
By William Shakespeare
Directed by Anna K. Kurtz
PERFORMANCES: Thursday to Saturday, June 19-21 and June 26-28 (Sunday rain dates both weekends) on the lawn at Woodlawn Arts Academy
AUDITIONS: March 18 and 19
EMAIL: Anna Kurtz at email@example.com to set up an audition time or for more information
AUDITION MATERIAL: Will be provided
CALLBACKS: Saturday, March 22
REHEARSALS: Scheduled after casting is complete
Shakespeare in the Park is proud to be sponsored by Savant
"Seussical Jr." Cast List
- Horton: Kolten Conklen
- Gertrude McFuzz: Emalia Dunkel
- Jojo: Mackenzie Arndt
- Cat in the Hat: Hannah Seavey
- Mayzie: Lauren Humphreys
- Mr. Mayor: Dillon Nitz
- Mrs. Mayor: Lauren Johnson
- Sour Kangaroo: Abby Nitz
- Wickersham One: Maya Reter
- Wickersham Two: Sarah Page
- Wickersham Three: Abby Aitken
- Bird Girl One: Madeline Geil
- Bird Girl Two: Emilia Eller
- Bird Girl Three: Mattea Bianchi
- Vlad Vladikoff: Kelly Rockhold
- Yertle the Turtle: Anna Mohr
- Citizens of Who/Circus Animals: Kaydence Brauer, Sarah Kuhns, Tanner Mackey, Maddie Molenda, Cecelia Ryan,
- Megan Shearer, Emily Tribley, Grace Wadsworth
- Hunters: Maddie Molenda, Emily Tribley, Kaydence Brauer
Register Now For Spring Classes
Registration is now open for the spring session at Woodlawn Arts Academy! Register todayonline, in person or by phone at (815) 626-4278. Online registration is not available for dance or private lessons.