> Home Page > Special Events > Theatre Performances
Each year, Woodlawn Arts Academy presents three productions featuring local children in elementary and junior high. In 2012, we added Shakespeare in the Park, in conjunction with Sauk Valley Community College, a production that features the talents of area adults. We also work closely with Sterling High School's Centennial Auditorium.
Upcoming Production: Shakespeare in the Park's "Much Ado About Nothing"
7pm June 19-21 and June 26-28 (Sunday rain dates both weekends) on the lawn at Woodlawn Arts Academy - FREE
By William Shakespeare
Directed by Anna K. Kurtz
Featuring talented adult actors from the Sauk Valley area
Bring a chair and a picnic! This event only: Adult beverages will be allowed in the park. Park closes at 10pm.
Shakespeare in the Park is proud to be sponsored by Savant
Upcoming Production: "Annie Jr."
7pm Friday, July 11; 2pm & 7pm Saturday, July 12; 2pm Sunday, July 13 in the Jerry Mathis Theatre at Sauk Valley Community College
Tickets go on sale July 7th at Woodlawn Arts Academy. All tickets are $5 for general admission seating.
Roy G Biv Fun RunSign up now for the Roy G Biv 5K Fun Run and get messy to support the arts! Participants will be splashed throughout the course with non-toxic, biodegradable color, and after the run will get a chance to roll on our canvas to leave their mark. Click here for more information. Registration is available online.
Save The Dates!
Registration is opening soon for the 2014-2015 school year. Registration dates are as follows:
- August 9th: Dance Registration Dancewear Sale (9-10:30am for level 3 and up returning; 10:30-11:30am for level 2 and up returning; 11:30am-noon for level 1, Kiddydance & Boogie Babies returning; 1-3pm for new Woodlawn students)
- August 7th: Private music lesson registration (5:30-7pm for returning students)
- August 11th: Private music lesson registration (starting at 9am for new students)
- August 4th: Session 1 registration for all all other programs (starting at 9am)
- October 6th: Session 2 registration for returning students
- October 20th: Session 2 registration for new students